Feeling new year pressure? A pep talk for you...
Have you ever felt pressured by the start of a new year? Yes it’s exciting and a fresh start is always welcome but we also put so much pressure on ourselves to do ALL the things.
We have these big ideas for what we want to accomplish but very quickly it becomes hard to stay focused when life throws everything and the kitchen sink in our direction - and let’s be honest, it often does!
If you’re feeling at all pressured by the upcoming new year I have 3 things on the podcast today I want to share with you.
Sometimes I give my clients some pep-talks around what it takes to create impactful, fulfilling, and sustainable success in life and business. From time to time, it's my job to remind them of their brilliance and encourage them to move forward in the bravest, most intentional, and meaningful way for them.
In this episode I want to share with you some of the pep-talks I've given my clients this month to remind them of their brilliance, in the hopes they may remind you of your brilliance too.
- 3 things to remember if you’re feeling pressured to meet lots of goals, especially ones that might be on someone else’s agenda ahead of your own
- Giving yourself permission to do things at your own pace and at the right time for you
- How to stop giving away your power
Your Action Steps
When you think of creating a goal ask yourself the following:
- What am I looking to improve?
- Why do I want to do this?
- Is this what I truly want?
- Is this what I need?
- What am I hoping to achieve by fulfilling this resolution?
- Is this realistic?
- Is the overall resolution something that can be broken in milestones?
Using these questions as a filter will make sure that you only put things on your plan that feel truly aligned with your values, dreams and goals.
If you feel hesitant after reflecting on these questions around your goal, consider whether you want to start with something smaller. Making progress on the right path will help you get some forward momentum and make sure you get there quicker.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Reclaim 2 Hours a Day
Listen to the Podcast:
Coaching with Nathalie