At Story Tonic LLC we take your privacy seriously.
INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING
Story Tonic LLC is the sole owner of the info collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via a website form, email or other direct contact from you. We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us, or to tell you about our specials, and new products or services. We will not share your information with any third party.
The processing of information (your “personal data”), such as the name, e-mail address, postal address and/or credit card information relating to an identified or identifiable person (“data subject”) shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Because we value your privacy we have also taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act.
Story Tonic LLC complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
Story Tonic LLC collects the details provided by you when you join our Story Tonic LLC mailing list or become a client (our “Services”). We may collect additional personally identifiable information through your participation in any promotions and courses offered by us.
DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Dataincludes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. Also includes any communication that you send us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record-keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defense of legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyze your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
DATA WE DON’T COLLECT
We do not collect any details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
REASONS/PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use the personal information we collect to enable us to:
- Provide education and training to our customers and clients
- Promote and provide our Services
- Resolve problems, calculate and collect fees, and troubleshoot
- To maintain our own accounts and records
- Communicate marketing and promotional offers to you
- Reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- To properly administer our website and our business
- To study how customers use our products/services. This allows us to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- To grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
We may also use your personal data to communicate with you in the event of a change in our business practices. We may also use your personal data to send you information, special offers and promotions. We will never sell or rent your personal information to a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body (“third party”).
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
WAYS WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When Visiting Our Website
When you use our website and agree to accept cookies, some of these cookies may contain your personal data.
When Buying Products or Services
If you buy products or services from us, we collect your first and last name, the credit card holder's first and last name, your email address, billing address, credit card or other payment information and your phone number.
When you Sign up for our Emails
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletters or email communications services, we will need to collect your email address in order to send our newsletters and/or email communications to you. We will not use your email address for any purposes except: to send you the newsletters and/or emails you have requested; and to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information. We use a third-party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. If you wish to unsubscribe from our newsletters or email communications services, please use the unsubscribe feature at the footer of our email communications or contact us at [email protected]
When you Submit an Online Form
You may, if you wish, contact us in regards to our Services or any queries you may have via the contact forms on our site. These contact forms have been created to allow you quick and direct communication with us. When contacting us via the contact forms on the Story Tonic LLC site, the personal data you transmit are automatically stored. Such personal data transmitted on a voluntary basis are stored for the purpose of processing or contacting you. This personal data will NEVER be transferred to third parties.
When you Submit a Comment
The Story Tonic LLC Site offers users the possibility to leave individual comments on individual blog contributions. When you make a comment on an individual blog contribution on the Story Tonic LLC Site, these and the information regarding the date of the comment and the pseudonym you chose to post it under are stored and published to the site. The IP address assigned by your Internet Service provider (ISP) is also logged for security reasons, and in case you violate the rights of third parties or post illegal content. This data will never be passed on to third parties, unless such a transfer is required by law. Please note that the comment sections on individual blog contributions are open to the public and if you choose to disclose personally identifiable information in these areas you are consenting to its unrestricted distribution in a public forum throughout the Story Tonic Site and to and by other Story Tonic Site commenters. We therefore cannot be responsible for the protection or security of such information, regardless of its sensitivity. You disclose all such information on our individual blog contributions and any other public forums entirely at your own risk.
OTHER WEB SITES
We have built our website using industry-standard security measures and authentication tools to protect the security of your personal data. We and the third parties who provide services for us, also maintain technical and physical safeguards to protect your data. When we collect your credit card information through our website, we will encrypt it using industry-standard technology for conducting secure online transactions Unfortunately, no security system, or system of transmitting data over the internet, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure because of its nature. You provide all such information at your own risk. We strongly urge you to use secure passwords for ANY website you use and to not share them with anyone.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT (COPPA) COMPLIANCE
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. We recommend that anyone under 18 years of age participate and use our website, products or services only with parental permission and supervision.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent. You have the right to access the personally identifiable information that is held about you. To obtain a copy of the personally identifiable information Story Tonic LLC holds about you please email your request to [email protected]
You are also entitled to ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you our newsletters or email communications services. If you want to revoke your consent for us to use your personally identifiable information, send us an email with your request to: [email protected]
We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or if you refuse to comply with our queries in these circumstances. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the personal data you are requesting (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
ACCURACY AND RETENTION OF DATA
We will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, all data which is no longer required. We will ensure that personal data we hold is accurate and kept up to date.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
This policy was last modified on September 1, 2020.
To read our Terms & Conditions, click here.